How To Apply Eyeliner?
1. Liquid eyeliner should only be used above the top lashes. It is best to use a pencil or eyeshadow under the lower lashes. For a more dramatic look, use a colored kohl pencil above and below lashes and follow with a black liquid liner on the top. It will make your lashes appear darker and will stay on all day. A dark eye-liner highlights the shape of your eyes and deepens the look. Softly line with eyeliner pencil, draw a thin line along lashes next to roots.
2. Eyeliner should be applied close to the base of the eyelashes. Products vary from cake to liquid liner to pencil. Practice makes perfect in achieving a fine line. Hold your head back and look down into the mirror. The eyelid will be tight and it will be easier to apply the liner. Smudge if necessary.
3. Don´t apply eyeliner in a thick line.It looks harsh and makes the eye appear heavy and tired.Get out of the 60´s and instead use a fine line. If you have trouble, use a brush to blend and smooth it out.
4. By using a line under the lower lashes gives the illusion of making the eyes appear larger. Instead of using a pencil, try using a small makeup brush with a dark eyeshadow. Apply into the lashes to make the lashes appear darker. Below this line apply a highlighter eyeshadow (in white, beige or yellow) in a fine line with a cleansed small brush. This will brighten the eye area.
5. There are pencil eyeliners, liquid eyeliner, and cake eyeliners. Pencil liners can be used above top lashes and under lower lashes. Liquid liners should only be used on the top lid. Cake eyeliners are used with water and can be used both top and bottom.
6. A smoky violet pencil looks best for someone with green eyes. On the color wheel, green and violet are opposite, and so they look well together. Also, look at nature when deciding on a color palette. Green, burnt orange and beige can be found in a field of autumn colors.
7. A liquid eyeliner or a cake eyeliner that you use with a fine brush will stay on the best. If you don´t feel adept at using these, pencils work well also. Pencils can be smudged for a subtle look. Always hold your head back, look down into the mirror, and apply your eyeliner. This will keep your eyelid skin tight and you can make a smooth line.